- Are interested in helping students with their health and wellbeing while at university
- Will be confident in talking to a wide range of students
- Would like to learn something new to support their personal and career development
- Are interested in gaining a valuable Level 2 QCA accredited qualification
- Organising high profile, fun and interactive events on a range of health topics
- Creating resources and marketing for events
- Giving students resources and information
- Working during the day on Preston UCLan campus, e.g. foyers, SU, outdoors
- Support in planning events
- New skills and practical experience
- Free training and a certificate in Understanding Health Improvement
- To attend weekly sessions this semester to complete your training
- Plan activities for students for the end of this semester and for next semester
- To volunteer for at least 10hrs* during this academic year
Are you free on Wednesdays? There will be weekly volunteer meetings each Wednesday, 1-3pm, from 16 Oct - 4 Dec, with the first introductory meeting on 9 Oct at 1.00 pm. Anyone interested please email Sharon Doherty, Healthy University Coordinator, for venue details.
If you're interested but can’t make the Wednesday sessions please contact Sharon to put your name down for future courses.