Pages

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Students receive volunteer awards

Tom, Glen & Lee with Danielle and Rick at the event
Four UCLan students have been recognised for their work on the University's Sport 4 U programme.

Tom Daly, Glenn Richards, Lee Marshall and Joe McDonald were rewarded at the recent Preston Volunteer Awards for their efforts on the scheme.

They assisted with promotion of the project, which helps motivate students by increasing their participation in sports such as Futsal, Rock Climbing, Badminton and Table Tennis.

Speaking after the event at Preston College Lee said: "I was really pleased to have been given the award for my volunteering, as I feel I put a lot of hard work into Sport 4 U. I don't volunteer for the rewards, but it's nice to feel my hard work has not gone unnoticed.

"It means a lot to have been nominated by Sport 4 U leaders Rick and Danielle, and it's great to know they appreciate the work we have all put in."

No comments:

Post a Comment